Friday, April 18, 2008

Alone

I saw this flower growing up through the sidewalk and thought it looked all alone in a concrete garden. A quote by Thomas Jefferson said, “One travels more usefully when alone, because he reflects more”. The truth is that no one is ever alone, God is always there. It can be difficult to realize at times, but he is there. In the bad times, it may appear that he is far away and the “how could this happen to me” mentality may come to mind. On the flipside when times are good, there could be a “look at what I did” attitude on life, which pushes God to the side. This is why I try to pray constantly, by communicating with God throughout the day, it helps me to remember that God is always with me. When Thomas Jefferson made the above quote I wonder if the reflects more part of it was because there were fewer distractions and we could listen more clearly to God’s will.

Ken